- What’s New in the V6.02 Patch?
- Minor bug fixes like Bonesy barking too much
- Quad rocket launcher released — but for how long?
- Disco Domination Mode
The season 6.02 patch is here and besides a few bug fixes — like Bonesy barking too much — the main changes are the introduction of the ‘Quad Rocket Launcher’ and ‘Disco Domination’ mode.
Quad Rocket Launcher
- Fire up to four lobbed rockets in quick succession.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- 80/84 base damage per rocket.
- 300 unit explosion radius.
- Can be found in chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
Damage x1: 84 // Damage x4: 336 // Reload time: 4.8s // Fire rate 0.8s
Disco Domination Mode
The second major element of this update is the Disco Domination mode which features two teams of 50 players battling to be the kings and queens of the dance floor.
How does it work? Dance floors spawn around the map. Players have to clear the dance floors of enemies and dance on them to raise the disco ball – the more teammates dancing the faster it rises. Once the disco balls are up that team’s dance meter rises and when it hits 100% they win. Simple enough, eh? Well, it seems players are having some difficulty adjusting to this new mode, but were sure they’ll get it soon enough… probably.
All in all this is a fun addition and and working together should be interesting. Here are the official release notes:
- Two teams of fifty players.
- Respawning will be turned on until the third (last) storm circle.
- Five dance floors will appear on the map whenever the storm is not moving.
- Emoting on a dance floor when no enemies are present will raise a disco ball in the center of the floor, and capture it for your team.
- The more friendly players dancing on a floor, the faster it will be captured.
- Once a floor is captured, it will begin filling the team’s “dance bar” on the HUD, until either an enemy stands on it or the current storm timer ends and the storm begins to move. The first team to fill their dance bar to 100% will win the match.
- The dance floors in the later stages of the match fill the bar more quickly, so don’t give up if your team is behind!
- It is not possible to build on or over the dance floors, but they can be protected by surrounding them with a fort.
- Glider redeploy is activated in this mode, press jump while falling to use your glider.
- This mode uses 50v50 levels of loot and resources.